- Help Main Page: Revision history . View logs for this page (view filter log) Filter revisions show hide To date: Tag filter: Show revisions External tools: Find addition/removal (Alternate). Find edits by user. Page statistics. Pageviews. Fix dead links. For any version listed below, click on its date to view it. For more help, see Help:Page […]
- Xtags. Release: Xtags 3.16 for QuarkXPress 2018/2019/2020. This release of Xtags adds support for QuarkXPress 2020 and discontinues support for QuarkXPress 2017. Read more Release: Xtags 2.9.1 for InDesign CS6 , CC2018-2020. This patch corrects problems with saving or copying tags for anchored text frames. Read more Release: Xtags 2.9 for InDesign CS6 , CC2018-2020. […]
- Creëer efficiëntie en controle in uw administratie !. Volledig geïntegreerd met uw financiële en ERP software Als financieel expert zijn controle, inzicht en efficiëntie van groot belang. Het zijn voorwaarden om uw financiële processen op orde te hebben. Denkt u ook dat het beter kan. Dan bent u op de juiste plek. Lees hoe Elvy […]
- VIAKOM CZ s. r. o. ERP systém esyco business, . Adresovaný sklad a B2B eshop Společnosti VIAKOM CZ s.r.o jsme implementovali ERP system Esyco Business , který nahradil původní systém. VIAKOM, který je předním dovozcem a velkoobchodem kamerových systémů, . Spustil Esyco E-shop zaměřený na B2B klientelu V rámci optimalizace a vylepšení skladových procesů byl implementován […]
- Shop. You are here: Home. Shop. Showing all 3 results Default sorting Sort by popularity Sort by average rating Sort by latest Sort by price: low to high Sort by price: high to low Sale. Select options BAND BOOST – SHARE BAND POST ON FACEBOOK BIG PAGE w/2.5 MILLION LIKES. 25.00 – 75.00 Test our […]
ATM skimming got bolder and bolder; amassed hundreds of millions via financial crime When a Cancun-based Romanian gang set its sights on a financial-crime operation using ATM skimmers, they went all in.
In a fascinating long-form feature from the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project, reporters detail allegations against the Riviera Maya gang.
What started as savvy ATM skimming in a tourist mecca turned into a hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars operation with a global reach.
According to the reporting and criminal investigations, gang members allegedly initially used skimmers to steal bank information.
But they would wait months to use the information, and they would use the fraudulent cards in other global locations.
This tactic made tracking and stopping the source of the skimmers difficult.
Victims of the ATM data theft struggled to link the illegal withdrawals occurring in far-flung locales to their Cancun vacations months earlier.
The OCCRP feature identifies members of a Romanian gang that allegedly set up extensive operations in Cancun.
And as the skimming operations grew, members saw the potential in owning their own ATM machines.
Members purchased ATM machines from legitimate manufacturers
and then they loaded their own software in the machines.
This allowed gang members to gather and store bank-account information from every user of the ATM.
As the operation grew in scale and boldness, the gang secured a branding deal with a prominent Mexican bank to include the bank’s logo on some of the data-skimming ATMs.
At its peak, .
The group controlled approximately 100 ATMs in heavily touristed locations in Mexico
One of the strategies to evade detection and scrutiny by authorities was to take a small amount of money from a high volume of bank accounts.
A witness for the prosecution in a Romanian case against gang members said this tactic netted about $20 million per month.
Authorities estimate that the gang was able to net about $240 million in illicit withdrawals each year of full operation.
To launder the profits, gang leaders allegedly set up front companies and invested funds in Mexican real estate and tourist properties.
A security expert and former Washington Post reporter investigated a tip in 2015 about bluetooth skimming of ATM machines in Mexico, .
And he published extensive reporting on this ATM fraud
But authorities didn’t act at the time.
Gang violence drew the attention of Mexican authorities in 2019
and authorities in both Mexico and Romania are advancing investigations and charges.
_______________ ‘KYC Gold Record’ with RegTech OneTM platform boosts comprehensive AML/KYC AML Partners designed its flagship software platform RegTech OneTM as a No-Code horizontal Governance-Risk-Compliance platform with dynamic workflows designed for comprehensive AML/CTF and countering fraud. RegTech One provides the single software platform for end-to-end AML/CTF, Case Management, vendor management, and any other RegTech or Business Process Management.
AML Partners’ RegTech OneTM platform gives Auditors
Risk Managers, and Compliance professionals a Network of Applications and an Ecosystem of Permissioned Data to self-serve their internal controls on all systems.
AML Partners’ innovations include providing one-time global onboarding; KYC Gold Record is now a configuration option within RegTech One’s No-Code development environment.
Platform users now onboard customers one time in one country and reuse that onboarded data locally, adding or removing local jurisdictional requirements.
Onboard once; use globally as often as desired.
To learn more about RegTech One and to schedule a demonstration, contact us today
The post Financial crime: Surreal skill, .
Profit in Cancun ATM skimming scheme appeared first on AML Partners LLC